Monday, October 8, 2012

Featuring: GXSCC by Gashisoft - Japan

A Unique MIDI Player

     I'm going to talk briefly today about something that I came across recently that I, as a child of the '90s, a gamer, and a lover of music, found to be quite exciting: it's called GXSCC, by Gashisoft- a Japanese company, and it converts standard MIDI (if you don't know what it is, click here for some explanation) into 8 bit music (if you don't know what that is, click here)!
     I'm going to let the sample speak for itself, but I want to share a bit of what I thought about this. Mostly, I thought up millions of fun ideas using this software to make game play videos of Pokemon, or something similar, using well-known classic rock songs instead of the classic 8 bit music of the old games.
     Whether it be to make a video, or just have fun with it, GXSCC is cool to try out, and is a lot of fun to play with! Give it a try- the links are listed below (but remember that this is a Japanese beta, so it wont look pretty, but it's safe, I promise):
See bottom of the linked
screen for "I Agree"

An example

     Keep in mind, that to use it, you need to save a MIDI file, drag, and drop that saved file right into the opened program. This isn't all as complicated as it sounds. Here's a good website to find some popular songs:

Just search for a song
and save it to your
computer, then drag
and drop into the opened
program! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment